Disney's A Christmas Carol Train Tour

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by Paul, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Paul

Paul Member

This morning I took Ryan to South Station (Boston) to see Disney's A Christmas Carol Train Tour. The train provides an overview of how they approached making the movie including a special focus on the motion capture process. ; There were costumes and some museum items including early printings of A Christmas Carol. ; There were also many ; monitors showing different behind the scenes technical discussions. ; You also have the opportunity to have a picture taken and then select which character you face is morphed into. ; The photos are then sent to you via WalMart (haven't gotten ours yet)

In addition to the train, there is a special tent structure used to show a preview of the movie as well as a couple of clips from the movie itself. ; These are all in 3D and looked fantastic!

Overall I would rate the whole experience as nice, but not a must see. ; I just enjoyed spending some time with Ryan and there is just something about a train tour that sounds cool. ; Many of the details will be available on BluRay I'm sure when it comes out. ; There is a good trailer in 1080p HD available at the iTunes store which is just stunning!

Find out more about the tour and where it is heading here:
    http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/chr ... traintour/

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

2. Paul

Paul Member

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

3. Paul

Paul Member

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I had never even heard of that before - but it looks really cool! ; Neat idea, and I'd probably go stop by if I had nothing else going on. ; Nice shots too - gives a feel for the exhibit. ; The effects really do seem very good - a big leap up in the realistic human CG look over, say, Polar Express a few years ago.

5. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

The Polar Express train went on some nationwide whistlestop thing but I don't think it went anywhere near Florida

6. Paul

Paul Member

A few more shots...
    [attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

7. Paul

Paul Member

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

8. Paul

Paul Member

[attachimg=1]
    [attachimg=2]

9. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Great stuff - thanks for sharing!

10. Paul

Paul Member

Here are the Character morphing pictures taken on the train:

11. Paul

Paul Member

one more