Disney Villains Hollywood Bash

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Scottwdw, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

My daughter, Ally, is running in the Tower of Terror 10 Miler on Sept. 29th. ; This gave us the opportunity to visit with my other daughter, Krystal, in Tallahassee and then drive down to WDW. ;

Disney Villains Hollywood Bash runs from 10:30pm on the 29th and ends at 4am on the 30th. ; A lot of rides will be open for the event including RnRC, ToT, Star Tours and others. ; Should be able to get some unique photos as the Villains will be out in force to cheer or is that jeer the runners on.

I am planning on photographing around the parks on the 29th from noon to 6pm if anyone wants to meet up, let me know. I guess there's a big meet on the 30th. ;

We fly back late on October 1st and was wondering if anyone knows if Disney is planning anything for Epcot's 30th Anniversary that day.

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Sounds awesome. ; Wish I could join you.

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Scott, I might be able to come and join you. ; I also have not heard if Disney is planning on doing anything for the 30th. ; I hope that they do, but as they did something at 25, I don't know that they are willing to go all out again for 30, but I am hoping that they do do something.

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Keep an ear out for any info. I am trying to get some of the other Orlando area people to join me, too.

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I'll be down for a quick weekend trip. ; I'll arrive late Friday and head directly to POR for Yehaa Bob.

Saturday afternoon I'm doing a scavenger hunt at the monorail resorts with the Be Our Guest podcast group then fighting the crowds at Epcot for some food, adult beverages and a Night Ranger show.

And of course I'll be at the Villains Bash.

Since it's just a quick trip, I may leave the SLR at home and just take the P&S.

See you there!

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

That's great Dennis. ; How late you staying?

7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I want to say as long as I can stay awake, at least until 2 am.

8. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

I'll be running and going to the Bash afterwards. The camera for that event will be the iPhone due to the running. ; ;D ; I'll also be doing the D23 event on the 30th and some of the Night Ranger shows that weekend. ; So many things, so little time!

9. Ill be around next weekend but my weekend is pretty booked up already with meeting friends, heading to the expo to pick up my race packet, WDW Radio meet, and oh yeah running the race!

10. So how did everyone do? That humidity was BRUTAL! I finished in 2 hours and 18 minutes. I was pretty beat up and not feeling so hot after the race so I didn't stick around for the party. Which is a bummer because I REALLY wanted to ride ToT with an elevator full of friends with our medals.

11. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

My daughter finished in just under 2 hours and was very pleased. ; I sweated a ton just walking so I can not imagine how it was running 10 miles!!

I did get to ride a few rides and got in some tripod time. ; My daughter rode ToT once and got a bit light headed so she was done for the night. ; Good thing you didn't!

12. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

Congratulations! ; I finished in 2 hours 12 minutes, running a slower pace than I've ever run a race before (and I'm slow already). The humidity made the second mile feel like a 15th mile instead. ; I had planned on riding ToT after the run, but didn't think my stomach would be very happy if I did. I ended going on TSMM twice, picked up my checked bag, and then fell ill while waiting in line for a photo with Darth Vader. ; I managed to get the photo, but ended up in Medical after that for at least an hour. ; They were telling me that the bulk of people getting really sick were doing so an hour or two after they finished running, though plenty were sick during it.

Kudos to everyone who managed to survive those ugly weather conditions!