Disney SOS Project for Children's Hospital

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CameraGirl, Sep 28, 2006.

1. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

The next time you go to Disney, please remember this great cause. ; Bring your mickey shampoos and soaps or any disney items back from Disney. ; They can be donated to The hospital for Sick Children in Toronto. ; I am not sure if other childrens hospitals are doing this, but it may be worthwhile to check it out. ; Please check out the link below.

http://www.fairytaledestinations.ca/sos.htm

2. Treelo

Treelo Member

Wow! ; What a great idea!

Next time I'll definitely do this (wish I still had some from our last trip)... might even make the trip to Bolton to help them bag (being in the Toronto area has its advantages, I guess ;) ; ).

Thanks for posting this ; ;D

3. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

I wish I had known about this last winter. I would have made sure to bring some home with me.

I think it is a wonderful idea!

4. CanDiznzGuy

CanDiznzGuy Member

I actually have a full drawer full of Shampoo and Soaps i could send!!

5. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

WOW - thank you SO much for posting this Disney Magic!!!

A very big THANK YOU to everyone who donated soaps, shampoos, toys, time and money to the project. ; As a result of your generosity, we bagged 57 girl, 56 boy, 17 teen and two baby bags. ; For a grand total of 132 goodie bags for the Toronto Mickey SOS (soap or shampoo) for Children Project!

On Sunday, November 12th, the 'SOS bagging team' (Darlene Carrey, Christine Fiorelli, Lisa Fiorelli, Kim St. James and Fausta Payne) worked furiously to pack the 132 bags. ; Good thing that the bagging team had Doug and Frank on hand to fetch them refreshments and pizza!

The bags were then delivered to Jennifer Butterly; Coordinator, Donations and Entertainment for The Hospital for Sick Kids, who was absolutely overwhelmed with the amount of bags. ; Jennifer tells us that they will be used for a variety of reasons. ; Perhaps as distractions for a patient who is undergoing treatment, given to a child who is admitted to the hospital for a lengthy stay or used as a simple 'pick me up' gift for a child who is having a bad day.

If you would like to help, I assure you that it's not too late to do so! ; Fairytale Dreams & Destinations is
    beginning the process all over again. ; Learn how you can help out here; http://www.fairytaledestinations.ca/sos.htm

Together, we created 132 smiles. ; Our goal for the next visit is to create 133.

6. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

Am handing over my load of soaps and shampoos next week ; ; :) ; What a great idea in using them for the kids!

7. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

We will definitely be stocking up in December when we go. ; We noticed they were very generous on mickey coasters last time, but I am sure if they see the shampoo and stuff gone, they will be plentiful on that as well. ; I can't wait to help out.

8. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Thanks SO much guys. ; I'm having a 'bagging party' on November 18th and I will be brining down the bags to the Hospital on the 21st.

However, we will be starting the collecting process ALL OVER AGAIN the day after, so I can use the soaps you collect on your trip Minnie for next year. ; :)

9. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

We brought back our March Holiday 4 round bars of soap embossed with ºOº.

Can they be of use?
    [​IMG]

10. We are always getting them and always needing more.

Please send them to:
    Mickey SOS for Children Project
    c/o Fairytale Dreams & Destinations
    82 Harvest Moon Drive
    Bolton, ON L7E 2K8
    Canada

11. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Thanks SO much for thinking of the SOS project Ham!!!

12. realfam

realfam Member

We'll see if we can get some when were there in August

13. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

As we were leaving the Beach Club Villas, at 5:20 AM, I remember I reading someone made up care packages for kids in the hospital. I just didn't remember who. Until I was trolling though the boards last night and found this thread again.

[​IMG]

14. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

That would be GREAT realfam; thanks!!

SO glad you remembered! ; :)

15. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

This was bumped by spam -but I thought I would add to it. I *think* I have my toiletries from our last trip still - if I do I will be sending them!