Disney music

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by prettypixie, Nov 27, 2007.

1. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Just curious if you guys know anything about this... I was told all music that is written for Disney has to have some hint of "When You Wish Upon A Star" somewhere in the song. Has anyone heard this before that can confirm or negate it?

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I've never heard of it, but this sounds like something that if you look "small" enough you can prove it. But honestly I really doubt it since we've had so many independent songwriters out there in recent years - Phil Collins, Elton John, Sting...

Besides, Disney doesn't even OWN the rights to the song, so if they were using snippets of it....you'd better believe they would have been sued by now... (granted royalties could have been paid, but....)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_You_Wish_Upon_A_Star

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i was not aware of that... where do you find this stuff, rog?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

What, like the ownership?

Wiki.

Other than that it's just stuff I've absorbed.

5. biblioadonis

biblioadonis Member

I agree with Roger. Since there are only 12 notes in the chromatic scale, every song has every note in it, pretty much.

I've never heard that rumor, but you would be hard pressed to say it is true. Thousands of songs for Disney movies have been written. Not to mention the theme park music, commercials, etc.

Heh...Spongebob Roger.