Disney is taking limited time magic a little too far.

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Roger, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

So tonight/today was press day on both coasts.

Disneyland was showing off a rough dress rehearsal for their show in the Wonderbra Videopolis Fantasyland Theatre, and WDW showed the WIP of the Mine Train and the Princess Hall.

Now there is supposedly a "major" announcement that will be made at Epcot later this evening...capped off with their SECOND special limited time magic event. ; And I mean special.

Last press event Disney constructed a flying dragon JUST FOR THE ONE TIME EVENT. ; This time, they are turning Spaceship Earth into Spaceship Wazowski...for ONE NIGHT ONLY. ; To kick off Disney's "Monstrous Summer".

If their major announcement is that they are building the Monsters Inc coaster I it would be epic face palm considering it was almost greenlit years ago and would have been ready for...their Monstrous Summer.

I'm still thinking that it's going to be a major overhaul of the Imagination Pavilion which may include demolition of the building. But odds are it's the other item that was already sneaked which is the Marvel redo of one of the cruise ships.

2. Roger

Re: YAWN. Another 24 hour day

oh boy, the BIG announcement is that on 5/24...THREE PARKS will be open for 24 straight hours. ; And two of them are on the left coast.

Because THAT has never been done before. (Three parks)

3. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Oh i was on the left coast for this last year .. REALLY wish i made it then

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

I'd love to be able to attend one of those, but I can't do it this year. ; The opportunity to take photos at sunrise would be awesome. ;

But I agree, calling that a "big" announcement is a little underwhelming.

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

5/24... ; hmmmm.... ;

Since I didn't get to do "One More Disney Day" last year... ;

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

That same idea is going though my head Tim!

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Did they mention when the one-day Wazowski Earth is? ; It's not a big deal, but since I'm going to be there in June, I just wanted to see if it's coordinating with when I'm there.

8. Tim

I will have to check prices and try to get a permission slip from the boss. ; It's a long shot for sure.

9. Roger

It was last night.

10. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Oh - already happened. ; Ok - I'll have to see if any 'limited magic' happens when I'm up there...at least any worth caring about. ; :)

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Same thing here my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Me and Karen are considering going ... Me for sure

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Same thing here my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Tim

That would be fun if we could make a little "mini pixel mania" out of it. I will have to see what the boss says.

15. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I would go, but Frontier wants almost $450 to fly down Friday (and not technically arrive til Saturday 12:45am)

Sent from my iPhone...

16. Tim

That's NUTS

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

At least airfare back on Sunday would be under $100...

Sent from my iPhone...

18. mSummers

mSummers Member

Y'all are a bad influence... I just priced a Thursday evening - Monday trip for that. ; And I have an extra half week in my study schedule before the exam I have scheduled in June. ;

... the little voice in my head keeps saying "annual pass". ; Must resist!

19. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

If I hadn't just changed my work schedule, I'd try to get Thursday off, but with a shortage of hours there is no way I can.

Sent from my iPhone...

20. Tim

Not looking good for me that day... ; Company coming in from a few hours away.