Disney-bound for 5 nights over MLK weekend! Jan 11 - 16

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by zackiedawg, Jan 4, 2007.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Well it's been far too long since I've been to Disney...way back at Mousefest was my last trip of 4 days, second week of December. It'll be a month away!

This year, for the first time I'm breaking a 12-year tradition and NOT going on a big family Disney trip over Memorial Day weekend. Instead, I'm moving it to next week, which if all goes well may be my new annual 'big' Disney trip. The last few Memorial Day weekends have gotten more and more crowded, the Florida heat is at its worst, the lovebugs are everywhere and turn the car black, and the rainstorms are regular off-and-on. Last year, I skipped half a dozen rides because the wait just wasn't worth it - and strolled around sweating looking for the next drink station each day.

My family and friends agreed, and we all decided to go for MLK weekend - we all have the extra day off of work, so we can take 3 vacation days and get 6 days at Disney. We booked the 2-bedroom DVC at Saratoga Springs (Key West wasn't available for 5 consecutive nights, which is our preference due to the size!!), and will head up Thursday.

Mousefest, I was flying solo...just a personal photo trip and meeting up with relatives at night (my aunt works at Disney...if you eat at Prime Time Cafe in MGM, say hi to 'Granma Mary'...that's my aunt!).

This time, I'll be with family and friends, so I probably won't take quite as many pics as the last trip. But if anyone else is going to be up there, let me know and maybe we'll pick a spot to meet for a drink and a hello (or hello again for those I saw at Mousefest).

Goofy, I'm on my way soon!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

.....jealous

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Almost there...just another 1 2/3 days of work!

4. Tim

... dude you're killing me. i want to go back, NOW!

5. ilene

ilene Member

Hey Tim - have you checked Jet Blue's fares lately? I just booked a long weekend in February ... $150 r/t ... too good to pass up! woo hoo!

6. Tim

wow thats a good price. BTW, delta/comair out of atlantic city gave us FANTASTIC service and a terrific flight for mousefest, non-stop to MCO. WAY cheaper than spirit. consider us converts.

7. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

You know, I tried to get to MF.

I told my wife I wanted to go so I could take pics, she said, no, we're going at the end of the month.

I said, fine, just let me take pictures.

First day in the parks she asked me why I was taking pictures, and I told her what she said. She knew she made a mistake, and I ended up not bringing my SLR with me after the second day. Parks were too crowded anyway. But that's what happens when you have a school age child that doesn't have year round schools. That was the only days to go to match with my son's vacation.

Now I may be able to get down for a few days in the middle of the week near the end of Feb.