DCL 7 days in Alaska

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by RedOctober25, Jun 28, 2013.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So I just returned from an awesome cruise to Alaska. ; Took about 1,000 photos that were then narrowed down by about half (lots of waterfalls). ; Probably still need to cull more out, but ended up with about 50-100 photos that I really liked. ; Here are a few of my favorites.

Sail Away Party
    [​IMG]

Mid-Ship Funnel
    [​IMG]

At our designated Character Breakfast the servers made napkin hats for everyone.
    [​IMG]

Minnie and Me...
    [​IMG]

Alligators in Alaska? ; We also had Elephants, Monkeys and Bears as Toweligami...
    [​IMG]

Sent by using Tapatalk...

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

After a day at sea we stopped at the Tracy Arm Glacier (but could not leave the ship)

Waterfalls abound within the passageway...
    [​IMG]

Along with the most beautiful scenes...
    [​IMG]

Got to talk to all sorts of people as we sailed toward the glacier...
    [​IMG]

Look at the bottom of the Glacier, find the boat, then marvel at the overall immensity of the Glacier.
    [​IMG]

They even pulled an iceberg out of the water...
    [​IMG]

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Ports of call included Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan. ; I took nature excursions at the first two ports and Salmon Fishing in Ketchikan. ; Didn't catch any fish in the three hours on the water, but still had a good time.

One of the largest Temperate Rainforests in the world...
    [​IMG]

Had to photograph the Mountain Goats thru a spotting scope.
    [​IMG]

Used the macro function on the new Pentax for this one...
    [​IMG]

SnowBuster Train Engine
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doesn't seem like much, but this is one of my favorite photos...
    [​IMG]

The Mendenhall Glacier
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great series Jeff! ; Alaska is on my MUST list! ; I have not seen the alligator on any of my cruises (or dont remember it), I too like the moss from Tongass, and thanks for pointing out the boat, it really does give it the scale needed.

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

The alligator was new to me too, but suppose it is only available on a cruise. The body of the gator is the round couch pillow.

Sent from my iPhone...

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Alaska is absolutely on my MUST DO list as well. ; I can't wait to do this cruise. ; Keep the photos coming, I'm enjoying the series.