Couple of HDR's from Batsto NJ

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by Tim, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Since I really don't shoot HDR that often, I had to dig all the way back to 2009 to find the source files for these images. I I processed them in lightroom using the nik HDR Efex2 plug-in, which is part of the incredible Google collection.

I tried very hard to go for a realistic look, not the over-the-top "clown vomit" that our pal @ddindy hates so much. Comments?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

I don't see any clown vomit. The only thing I think looks a bit unrealistic is the fact that there's not much in the way of shadows under the overhangs. Maybe that's the way it really looked and I'm just overanalyzing because I know its HDR.

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

There wasn't much in the way of shadows to begin with as it was a mostly overcast day with patches of blue sky. I do suppose that there could be a bit more on the shadows slider to even it out a little.

But you know exactly what the "clown vomit" look is and not to many of us like it 'round here.

4. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

I figured the overcast was flattening the contrast. Nice photos though! Must be gorgeous with fall colors!

Yep, not a fan of "clown vomit"...

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

I think the lack of shadows looks a little odd, but the HDR definitely isn't over the top. Not an easy shot given the overcast conditions.