Colonel Critchlow Sunchbench

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Tim, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

"Ohhh... Gin and tonic for me, please."
    The head glee-meister and head of security for the Adventurer's Club.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. biblioadonis

biblioadonis Member

This place is on my MouseFest must-do!

Anyone wanna give me and my brother a guided tour?

heh...Drinks on Ray!

3. Tim

i'll give anyone a guided tour as long as someone else is buying the drinks. you won't have a tough time convincing me to go to the A/Club with you at Mousefest... KUNGALOOSH!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. gary

gary Member

marching along, singing the adventurers song

i'm in, karen too if i can convince the farm girl to stay up past 8pm

5. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Tim has already warned me about being abducted to the Adventurers Club.

6. Dan

Dan Member

I had been planning go to during one of the listed Mousefest meets, but I'd get a kick out of going with TMIPers. Especially if something amusing happens to one of the AC newbies.. Um.. I shouldn't say anything more in the presence of the uninitiated..

As a side note, I discovered that we have an Adventurer's Club in Chicago. Yeah, for a second I wondered if maybe this was a franchise. Then I looked it up and found out that it was the real thing, the sort of club that the one on Pleasure Island spoofs.

7. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Adventurer's Club to close?

(and reopen elsewhere?)

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... perty.aspx

Personally, I'm guessing/betting that it will be built as an addition to the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

With the surprise of that the back doors lead out to the Savannah, with a small group Jeep safari of the "back" savannah (i.e. not the safari "front" savannah). Also to be correct, I think they refer to them as east and west if I remember my Discovery tour correctly.

Imagine that - a very close to reality adventurers' club adventure.

8. Dan

Dan Member

No way. Noooo way. Animal Kingdom Lodge is a serious, sophisticated take on Africa combining elements of indigenous cultures, music, animals, and food. They wouldn't throw a raunchy, silly, show like that into it.I li

I'm intrigued at the claim that it'll be moved into a larger, more involved structure elsewhere as the beginning of some different kind of theme park. I'm not sure a bigger Adventurers Club would work, it has a sort of cozy feel that might be ruined by making it bigger, plus I'm terrified that that might mean killing the improv comedy aspect of it altogether and running off of hard scripts. I also completely fail to imagine how an entire theme park could be designed in line with the concept of the AC. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, just that I don't see how. It doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but I'll be interested to see the details.

I'm a big fan of the Adventurers Club, in theory I should be all for the idea of more along the same lines. But I don't know if it can be reproduced in bulk.

9. Tim

agreed. well put, dan. the tight atmosphere and looseness of the show are critical elements of the show.

10. Roger

What gets me from his teaser is that either it's hinting of a new theme park, which has been denied heavily esp. since Anaheim has a plan for #3 that is on the back burner and people have been told that there are no plans for a new park in the US.

But I forgot about the fact that they are clearing the land for Down Under at DAK. And Pop Century's expansion area is under construction again.

11. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Pop Century's second section is under construction again?

12. Roger

When I was there last week, the parking lot next to the already built value hotel buildings is a construction parking lot, and they're moving a lot of dirt in front of the "Hall" building where it would be for a second section.

With Google Maps/Earth you can see the footprints for the planned buildings, and I guess the "Hall" was built before as well.

13. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I know those buildings were built but it's awesome that they are under construction. The last couple times we went down we tried to stay there but the rooms were all booked.

14. Roger

15. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Aaaahhhhh, what are all the abrv?

16. Roger

Okay so it won't be lost in translation:

Disney's Night Kingdom, huh? For what it's worth, Disney's Night Kingdom better not pull a Disney's California Adventure or else heads will roll at Team Disney Lake Buena Vista, because they need to know you get what you pay for, but then again, I could be wrong.

17. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Thank you Roger.

18. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

JSYK, IHNIWTHYATA!

(for those who don't read 'abbreviation-speak...translation: Just so you know, I have no idea what the heck you are talking about!)

I get DNK & DCA...and I think YGWYPF is 'you get what you pay for'. But I'm lost on TDLBV and BTAICBW.

19. Roger

The TD is for Team Disney. So we have ones in Burbank, Anaheim, and Lake Buena Vista.

20. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Got it! I couldn't think of what the TDLBV was, but I suspected Buena Vista was at the end.

I'm not really sure why it looks like you have already responded long to Geek long before I ever posted my question - I think I'm in some kind of time warp! Because just about the time I saw your line pop up on the 'recent threads' list, the post with the initials was the last thing posted...so I replied to it. All of the sudden, my post is showing 2 hours after yours, and there are two posts in between! I have no idea what strange form of magic is going on...but sorry to ask about the initials again after you had apparently already answered.

If I can figure out how I missed the two hours in between...or figure out how to manipulate the weird fold in time I seem to be on the other side of...maybe I can find out how the stock market closed and make some money! I wonder what time I'm posting this thread, actually? It seems to be 1:05pm here now...just 15 minutes after your post. If this post shows up in 2 hours...call the SciFi channel!