Christmastime Trip

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Scottwdw, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Hey, all you Orlando locals and Reunion fans. ; I will be leaving for WDW tomorrow morning. ; Here are a few places and times I can be found for a meetup if anyone is willing.

Tuesday, December 6th @ 9PM, Polly beach or TTC for Holiday Wishes photography to try and catch the perimeter bursts over the Magic Kingdom. ;

Thursday, December 8th, after 6pm. ; Night parade, Castle shows (lighting and projection) and Wishes in the Magic Kingdom.

Saturday, December 10th, at 8:15am, meet up at AK's Rain Forest Cafe for a photowalk with me and Barrie in the Animal Kingdom. ; We are doing the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail first and then I am doing the safari with anyone who is game.

Monday, December 12th, is an open date for me. ; Anyone have any ideas for a meet, let me know.

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i am STILL holding out hope for a last minute junket (sat thru mon) but its looking worse and worse... ; still hoping though.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

quote author=Tim link=topic=8668.msg77410#msg77410 date=1323106577]
    i am STILL holding out hope for a last minute junket (sat thru mon) but its looking worse and worse... ; still hoping though.
    ;
    That is better than my chance - I got zero chance! ; Here is looking forward to Pixelmania 2012!!!!

Have a great time Scott! ; Cant wait to see what you get!

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

That is better than my chance - I got zero chance! ; Here is looking forward to Pixelmania 2012!!!!

Have a great time Scott! ; Cant wait to see what you get!

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Scott I replied to you in your PM, but I will be out of town from Fri. night through Sunday afternoon (Cub Scout camping) Monday I should be good to get together if we want to try and see who else is available. ; Otherwise, I can meet you for a bit that day. ; I am planning on tomorrow night at the Poly or TTC as well, as long as the wife doesn't have any other plans for me. ;)

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Jeff,

I'll be at the TTC near the Ferry Dock around 8:30pm. ; Bob Desmond will be there around 8pm. ; He's setting up two cameras. ; You'll need a long lens. ; 200mm with your cropped sensor.

7. PolynesianMedic

Ok, no problem. ; I have my 75-300 I can use. ; See you then.

8. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Tim,

You got my contact info...let me know if you make down. ; Crossing my fingers for ya!

9. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

All depends on how bad spirit air wants to beat me up for those couple of days. That and the fact that my annual pass is now expired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ELinder

ELinder Member

I hope to meet up with you all at least once, but still not sure if I can swing it. Just started the process of moving out of town. What fun! Not. :(

Erich

11. PolynesianMedic

Moving out of town?! ; How far out of town are we talking? ; :eek:

12. ELinder

ELinder Member

Long story, but I'll be in Naples, FL not Italy, for a while. Just far enough that moving is a royal PIA.

Erich

13. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Bummer, Erich. ; Your WDW commute just got a lot longer.

14. PolynesianMedic

Well Naples is still a nice place. ; My dad is down there in Naples Lakes right off of 951. ; But yes, a little farther then you are currently used to.

15. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Have arrived at WDW. ; Heading to DTD to grab an Earl of Sandwich Holiday treat. ; Jeff, you coming out later?

FYI, the Swan/Dolphin resorts have wi-fi but it is not free...$12 a day.

16. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

Aw, I'm turning green with envy here. The only way I'll be able to make it to WDW any time soon is if I win the lottery. Which hasn't been terribly generous to me of late...

17. PolynesianMedic

Yes, I'll see you soon Scott

Another Incredible poster!

18. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I have the same problem, only I dont even buy the tickets!

19. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Can't wait to get up there. ; If you get back online in the next day or two, how about a heads-up on the crowds? ; Superheavy, heavy, medium, somewhat light?

20. PolynesianMedic

I can't comment on the crowds as I haven't been in the parks, BUT I think I scored a few of my best fireworks shots ever last night with Scott and Bob Desmond at the TTC. ; I am working on processing them now, and should be posting some soon.