Christmas Lights

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by mSummers, Dec 21, 2007.

1. mSummers

mSummers Member

It snowed here in Maryland 2 weeks ago, and I finally found the time to process the photos I took of Christmas Lights in the snow and thought I'd share a few

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas!

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Very nice...the lights and snow look beautiful together to me. The first shot in particular is excellent - very nice, crisp, detailed, and yet retains that nighttime look. I still miss those white Christmases.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Beautiful! It feels like looking at Christmas cards and Norman Rockwell inspirations!

4. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I love #2 and #4. just beautiful.

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks everyone!

The first one is my favorite. I've been trying to get a photo of that house for a while, but they never turn out right. The snow brightened up the scene just enough to get the photo this year.

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

That is simply brilliant. They are some of the best snow/night/christmas light shots I have ever seen. Great Job!

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

very nice, michael. thanks for sharing. i love the older look to those buildings.

8. gary

gary Member

#1 has it all, that is one fine shot of the house with snow, and to my thinking the tracks around the drive add to it, makes it say it's a home, not some prop building for a historical society, makes it feel like welcome home from the storm my family
    and about 30 minutes ago on sirius i heard the perfect background track for this
    tony rice & the rice brothers, " this old house"

addendum for anyone curious, it's not the song referred too, but here's a youtube link to tony playing on clarence white's martin d-28, an heirloom guitar given to him by clarence's family after his death.bluegrass guitar picked as good as it gets

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xswwXOPhoTU