Chris at Epcot

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by BamaJenn, Sep 22, 2008.

1. BamaJenn

BamaJenn Member

Oh how I wish I could find a way to get this special thanks to Chris... and to keep in touch with him. For once I found a cast member who I think was just as in love with all things Epcot as I.

In August 2005 we took my step-son for his first trip to Disney. After getting off of Spaceship Earth I stopped to take some pictures of the wall up around the "tree" in the post-show area that had been shut down after AT&T pulled their sponsorship. A CM standing near the exit said to the guy he was standing with "Hey look she's taking pictures of my wall." I laughed and explained that I loved cataloging changes made to attractions like this. His name was Chris and he was the "manager" of SSE at the time. We got into a really detailed discussion about SSE and little known facts about it (he is how I found out that the Hall of Presidents molds were reused to make many of the faces you see on SSE). My poor husband and step-son were just standing there with their eyes glazed over. LOL! Anyway... after realizing the passion I had for extinct attractions in Epcot we moved onto discussing Horizons. He said he had something to show me that I'd just love. So he walked the three of us toward Mission Space, the whole time talking Disney trivia with me (I was in heaven). When we arrived he showed me that the flower bed out front of MS is in the Horizons logo shape. I was thrilled!

I was pregnant at the time so I had no plans to ride Mission Space but since my step-son never had, he of course wanted to. Chris overheard my DH and SS talking about needing to get in line for it while he and I were extinct attraction babbling. He then proceeded to walk the two of them up to the Fast Pass lane, speak to the CM at the attraction and allowed them to walk right on (there was about a 2 hour wait in stand-by). They were so excited and I was so thankful because it meant less time for me to have to wait outside. He walked with me to the exit inside the post-show area and we chatted a bit more while we waited for them to come out. It was just an awesome experience.

Then, on a trip in June 2007, while waiting in line to ride SSE (and see the beginnings of new post-show for the first time) we ran into him again. He recognized me (2 years later mind you) and I told him why. He said "Oh girl you're gonna love the new post-show... I know you miss the 'tree' but trust me this is so cool!" I was shocked that he remembered us. It was a great feeling to know not only did he have an impact on me, but I apparently on him as well.

As a note, if any CMs are reading this and know Chris (tall guy, heavy set, glasses)... please please tell him how much of an impact he had on our trip. I'd love to get in touch with him and befriend him. He and I certainly had so much in common in our love for Disney.