Bitter Sweet

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by jbwolffiv, Sep 24, 2013.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I know that I have posted a few series of shots from Finding Nemo the Musical, yet this one is bitter sweet. ; My longtime friend's (kindergarten together) brother has been performing in this show the past 6 years, with the past 5 as Crush. ; This past Saturday he performed as Crush for the last time as he is coming back north to try and make it in NYC. ; Knowing this was going to happen we made sure to see him in July, but a last minute scheduling glitch saw him play the ensemble and someone else play Crush. ; The next time I see this show it is going to be strange.

[​IMG]
    The only one to make it by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Marlin by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Nemo by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Fish are friends..... by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

That is Ryan in the middle
    [​IMG]
    The EAC? by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Hi! ; I'm Dory! by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Disappointment by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

2. Pops

Pops Member

Nice pics John. I always think the lighting makes a dramatic impact against the black backdrop. ; Thanks for sharing.

3. These shots are Excellent!!!

~Joanie

4. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Great shots, John. ; We need to sit up front during Pixelmania!

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Garry, Joanie and Dennis. ; Gotta get in line early for those seats, Dennis!

Here is the last one from this series, Neme takes his/her bow.

[​IMG]
    Nemo takes a bow by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

6. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Very nice indeed - I need to consider sitting up front one of these days - I've shot that show twice - once required 250mm, and the second time I was using my 300mm F4 - just to get as tight as the shots you posted here. ; Would be nice to fill the frame with a shorter focal length next time!

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Justin! ; We usually arrived some 40-50 minutes before the show, which allowed us to end up in the 3rd row (I feel the first row is too low). ; These shots I was sitting next to the runway that leads to the control station. ; I used my 28-75 mm 2.8 lens, on a crop sensor body, worked real well.