@bhphotocideo reviews Sony A7r... Best Fullframe Mirrorless!

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Tim, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Pros:
    Best image quality ever tested, Full Frame 36mp sensor w/ no AA filter and gapless on chip lens design, build quality, ergonomics, full manual controls, high resolution EVF and articulating rear LCD, light weight

Cons:
    No built in flash, louder shutter than A7 some might not like, no touch screen, battery life could be better, can be sluggish at times when image buffer gets full.

The Sony Alpha A7r sets a new standard in full frame mirrorless image quality and it’s the best Sony camera I’ve reviewed to date!

Sony A7r gapless on chip lens design Featuring a new 36mp sensor with a gapless on chip lens design which insures the most amount of light gets to each pixel as efficiently and accurately as possible. Even the corners are angled inwards in relation to the center on a per pixel bases as you can see in the illustration from Sony below.This Sony A7r also has no anti aliasing filter in front of the sensor which gives the images extra fine details. I reality the lack of low pass filter in front of the sensor does make a slight difference, although the extra 12mp of resolution makes more of an impact with fine details in my opinion.

READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE!

[​IMG]