Best place to party in Downtown Disney

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by littlewillow, Apr 24, 2006.

1. littlewillow

littlewillow Member

I haven't been to DW before, but was wondering about Downtown Disney. ; I hear they have a lot of night clubs. ; What is your favorite one??

2. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

I would like to know that too. ; Have been to Downtown Disney, but never at night. ; Are there some great places to dance?

3. Treelo

Treelo Member

Good Question! ; We've been to WDW a couple of times, but never partied 'Downtown'

BUT... I do know that the last time we were there (a few weeks ago) much of "Pleasure Island" was closed for renovations... I think there was only one nightclub and the comedy club open at night (well... and Raglan Road... the 'new' Irish pub)

4. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

There has been talk that Disney has plans for Closing down "Pleasure Island" and setting up a more family orientated attraction, since I have not visited PL at night, I hope this doesn't take place until after my next trip so I can check it out myself.

I will do some digging and see what i can come up with....... ; ??? ; ??? ; ???

5. Treelo

Treelo Member

I'll admit... we weren't paying too close attention ('cuz we're not really 'nightclub people'... and because we were trying not to get jumped on by Cirque performers LOL!... you'll understand if you see La Nouba... big blue guys with funky 'shoes')... I do know that a large part of PI was boarded up, but I'm not sure how much of what was left was clubs vs. shops, truly.

6. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

When we were there in March......everything was open. We saw a movie, had dinner at Planet Hollywood, and then were exhausted so we headed back to the hotel.....the clubs were not open yet, so we did not get a chance....next time we went to DD, it was in the afternoon and we checked out the arcade and then another movie.....

7. blusk

blusk Member

For me the best place to go at PI is the Adventurer's Club. ; Followed by Raglin Road, because Guiness is my favorite beer, and lastly the Comedy Warehouse.

8. WDW Donna

WDW Donna Member

Many, many, many hours spent at PI!! The Adventurers Club has always been a favourite of mine. Not a dancing bar, but a really interesting place to go have a drink and check out the skits in each of the rooms. KUNGALOOSH!
    Manniquins is a great place to drink, and dance. Provided you can get on the revolving dance floor after you have had a few. Lights, loud music and lots of people.

9. Apparently, Disney has recently removed the turnstiles requiring those with tickets to be the only ones entering. ; Has led to some problems (recent report of a stabbing at 2am in Orlando Sentinel). ; Hopefully, the turnstiles will come back. ; But, hey, there are problems and crazies everywhere - just don't "see" it at Disney much. ;

Hubby and I loved Pleasure Island before we had kids - loved bringing in New Year's eve at midnight each night. ; Remember buying these wonderful shooters in test tubes. ; Alas, with two wee ones, it'll be a while before I get back to sample how things have changed. ; Still have many friends and younger clients that go there and have a blast.

10. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

DH and I used to love going to PI. ; The Clubs and the Comedy Warehouse were a lot of fun, but PI has changed over the past few years and the last time we were there (hmmm...think it was the 2005 trip) we/I were very unimpressed, there was a HUGE "local young precense" which left a lot to be desired! ; I almost felt unsafe and if I hadn't been with DH there was no way that I would have stuck around.

We never went at all this year on our trips, I believe PI is still under refurbishment, perhaps someone else could enlighten us on whether it is finished or not.

11. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

If you are single a good night is Thursday.

CM's are admitted free to the clubs at DTD so there are lots folks out for fun.

I am happily married and over heard some young CM's, early 20's, talking about it.

[​IMG]

12. Csaks

Csaks Member

In 2001 we went to PI and had a blast BUT it was much different then compared to now. Our last trip in 2007 it seems to be a shadow of it's former self. In '01 there were so many different clubs, country, 80's, disco and hip hop. We spent the night going from one to the other, there was an outside stage with live performers. We found it to be so much fun back then just wondering around and experiencing all the different things to do, people were having fun and didn't mind the extra cost for entry. We loved the old set up but I guess there were not enough people like us to keep it going the way it was.

This last trip we stopped by and were so disappointed, it felt like a ghost town, almost everything has changed for the worst. Most of the things we experienced were gone and there was no atmosphere at all and we left after one drink at the bar near the Comedy Club.

13. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

We are going to try it next week when we are there, haven't been for awhile and would like to try it again. ; I will let you all know what I thought when we get back!