Behind the Scenes at LMA

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by Scottwdw, May 30, 2012.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The photowalk group I hosted at the Studios yesterday was treated to a Backstage Tour of the Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show. ; Leo (Cooleo) and I even got a chance to get behind the wheel of the Hero car. ; (Note: Leo, please, add your photos to this thread, too.)

Cooleo being a Hero.
    [​IMG]

Getting my chance. ; BTW, it's a tight fit in there!
    [​IMG]

Ever wanted to know what the dash of the Hero car looked like?
    [​IMG]

I want a Pyro button for my car!

LMA Garage Pano. They can totally strip the cars and bikes down here and rebuild them if necessary. They go through 3,000 tires a month. ; The Hero car bumper gets replaced twice a week. ; They told us the air bag really does a number on them.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Very cool Scott - nice little addendum to the Photowalk. ; Though I could more easily fit one of those cars in my pocket than try to wedge myself inside of one.

I can think of several times of day commuting home from work where I'd like to have a pyro button.

3. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

That's you, Scott? ; I thought it was Tom Slick in his Thunderbolt Greaseslapper!

That had to be a cool experience. ; Makes me wish I had been able to attend.

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I am in this boat too, looks like a great time, wish I could have been there!

5. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

I really hope that when I finally get a chance to head down next year I can coordinate it with one of these walks y'all take from time to time. ; I love everything in life that classifies as 'behind the scenes'.

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Scott! ; That must have been an awesome tour!

7. HPS3

HPS3 Member

Scott, thats just awesome!!!

8. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

It was a Great tour & everyone had a fun time, especially in the Backstage tour. Thank You Scott for hosting this.
    ; Scott is right about the ; interior of the car, it is a very tight fit. You have to bend your legs to get them up over the roll cage bars that you don't see when the door is closed. They totally block the entrance making it difficult for even the shortest of people to ge in. It was even more difficult having a bad leg that doesn't bend very well.

I will get my pics up on here later this week.

9. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014