Batsto Village at Wharton's State Forest, NJ

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by ColleenMarie, Dec 14, 2008.

1. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Practice, Practice, Practice!

When I say it, It's because that's how I do it.

At Batsto I was playing off of every reflection, using every shadow, played with angles as well as lighting - flash v natural, and played with zooming in tight as opposed to full shots. I am happy with the results but a little miffed I couldn't shoot anything inside the restored Wharton Mansion.

I hope you enjoy the result...

The link below is to the slideshow~

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a42/Mo ... =slideshow

2. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

3. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

I was just going back over my Batsto pics...

me thinks they would look perfect if I switched em over to B&W,

Si?

4. HW

HW Member

apparently the state DEP is moving into the mansion and that is why they are renovating it so that is more then likely the reason why you can't get in there. Tim and I and Billy have been there a few times and I want to go back again during the fall to get the great colors but missed fall this year due to a med prob but thank god that's all taken care of now. Nice pics by the way. Here are a few I got when I had a Sony f828 but with the D80 I should get some better low light inside shots now

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  5. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Your D80 should perform beautifully in low light as long as you have a sunny day. I was blessed with a very sunny (albeit cold) day.

We were allowed in the mansion. After we paid our $2 we were told no photographs or video were allowed inside. :mad:

I am thinking of contacting them privately and asking for permission.

It really looks good in there. All of it does for as old as it is.

The first and second floor renovations are complete. We weren't allowed on the third and were told the tower stairs were very "rickety" so tours weren't allowed up there at all.

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

howie, that first one with the leaves is one of my favorite pics of yours. love it.