Anyone here?

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by PolynesianMedic, Jan 17, 2012.

1. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

So apparently our President is coming to Orlando and more specifically the MK area on Thursday, which has Disney scrambling to rearrange their entertainment schedules. ; In this rearrangement, they are having EMH at every park BUT the MK and have announced increased security at both the MK and the Contemporary. ; Anyway the entire point of this post is that I was wondering if anyone was down or in the area and up for checking out the RARE fireworks show at DHS that will be put on Thursday night. ; I am planning on photographing it, so anyone that has seen fireworks here, I am open for suggestions on viewing locations and/or setting suggestions. ; I figure that the borrowed wide angle needs to be used.

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I've never been lucky enough to see fireworks in DHS (although in December I watched a monster DHS fireworks show from Pop Century - it was cast member appreciation night). ; But from what I hear, the best place is along Hollywood Blvd, preferably as far from the hat as possible.

3. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

So, it sounds like they are putting on a special fireworks show for the president? What camera do you think he uses? ;

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Actually he's supposed to be back in NYC by the evening for a fundraiser. ; So the rumor is that the First Family will be staying in MK. ; The DHS fireworks show is to..ease the loss of the fireworks at MK that night.

5. PolynesianMedic

I was thinking that since I was still in possession of someone's wide angle lens that if I set my tripod back where the main street opens into the courtyard around the base of the hat, that I should be able to get enough viewable space in the lens. ; Thoughts?

6. Roger

Don't know Jeff. ; Depends on where they launch from and how high they go....It may be better to be closer to the hat.

7. ddindy

8. Roger

Egads!

Widest angle you can find, shoot low to the ground aiming up near the hat? ; The street view isn't that great IMHO. ; Not like MK.

9. PolynesianMedic

Thank Dennis! That is about what I was thinking it would be from back there. ; Now to go and see if the wide angle I have is wide enough.

10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So just heard on the radio that Obamas speech is to try sheet more tourists at Disney (& U.S. in general) from BRAZIL!!! (ok, and China too). ; Can't wait too see what that is going to end up like...

Sent from my iPhone...

11. ddindy

12. PolynesianMedic

13. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

I see more Brazilian tour groups. ; He specifically wanted to increase tourism from Brazil.

14. Roger

Touringplans.com will have a lot more work to do, unless they just go like this:

Times when Walt Disney World is either busy or super hot/humid: ; ALL THE TIME

15. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Well if you go in December through january, it's hard to imagine how they could fit MORE Brazilians into the parks. ; Sometimes I wonder if that might not be a great time to go to Brazil...since apparently noone is there - they're all at Disney.

I'd say Touringplans and such will have a much easier time of it - with our lovely Globally Warmed winters keeping us firmly in the 80s and both hemispheres filling in, and all the super promos to draw in crowds during what used to the the 'off season' times, and the poor economy/terrorism fears driving more folks to take local/shorter vacations...I'd say every day gets a 10 for 10 on crowds, and weathermen can just get by with 2 temperatures - 100 and humid from April through November, and 85 and humid from December through March.

16. PolynesianMedic

It should be interesting to see. Here is where wet decided to set up. My son came with me tonight. :)[​IMG]

Another Incredible poster!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Can't wait to see the photos...

Sent from my iPhone...