Any Topaz recommendations?

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by ddindy, Oct 28, 2010.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I received an email with a 20% off coupon for Topaz software during this month. ; I've been debating buying one or more of the individual packages or possibly the whole bundle.

Do any of you use Topaz? ; Any recommendations?

2. HW

HW Member

the noise reduction denoise is very highly rated. I use it and so does Tim. I also use adjust
    I have simplify and clean also but haven't really used them yet

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Denoise and adjust are totally worth it. ;

(posted from my htc incredible via the tapatalk app)

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Kind of a stupid question, but what is Topaz? ; Is it editing software? ; All I have is Elements so I do not do much in the line of post processing yet.

5. Tim

Topaz is a company that makes Photoshop plugins. ; They may work for elements as welll. ; Go to topazlabs.com

(posted from my htc incredible via the tapatalk app)

6. HW

HW Member

John, this is from topaz site

• Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
    • 1 GB RAM minimum
    • Adobe Photoshop 7-CS5 (32-bit and 64-bit), Adobe Photoshop ; Elements 1-9, or another editor that supports Photoshop plug-ins. These ; include: Irfanview, PaintShop Pro, etc.
    ; ; *ReMask is only compatible with Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and Paint Shop Pro. ReMask is NOT compatible with iPhoto, Aperture, Lightroom, Photo Impact or Irfanview.

7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Thanks for the recommendations. ; If anyone wants the coupon code, send me a PM before noon on Oct. 31, 2010 as it expires at midnight that day.

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks for the explaination. ; I am assuming that since I still do very little post processing I should not run out to purchase this? ; I should spend more time learning to use what I have already? ; I am glad that it is compatible with Elements. ; I do not think my laptop can handle Photoshop. ; I believe my processor me not be up to snuff.

9. Paul

Paul Member

Topaz Adjust is a fun tool and can create many interesting images, I love it. ; I use it as a plug in to Lightroom 3, very convenient. ; Lightroom 3 noise reduction is so good, there is no need for me to use any 3rd party noise reduction.

10. Tim

the key with using the topaz plugins is to be subtle. ; minor enhancements are great, large heavy adjustments make the photo look like you are trying to compensate for a bad exposure. ;

1st step is to always dupe the background layer... ; (ctrl+j) in windows.

11. CJ

CJ Member

I use denoise and I love it. I have adjust too, but I rarely use it.