Any one have any idea how this will work at Test Track 2012?

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Roger, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... Q2FBDM0141

The way I'm reading it is that you have to design your own vehicle BEFORE you get on the same exact ride. ; But how will that be translated to the car? ; Or will it just have different options like faster acceleration but less curve response, etc....

2. Roger

Well it looks like Test Track is closing in April for this refurb, opening back up in September.....

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I know of one soon-to-be six-year-old who is not going to be happy that test track is closing for so long. That and thunder mountain at the same time? This could get bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Roger

I just hope you won't be able to design a Chevy Sonic....or perhaps that will be the inspiration for the Disney crisis that has to occur on the ride?

5. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

@Tim: don't forget Dumbo is also closing after tomorrow.

@Roger: The cars themselves will be loosely based off the Chevy Volt. However your ride will be different every time because you design your path. Its going to be a great ride and I think I'll actually enjoy going on it now.

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

So you would be able to set what "test" you go through? ; That would be awesome! ; Can I just make a LONG repetitive run on the high speed loop?

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I second that!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

That won't sit well with my family considering we are potentially going for Easter. And no Thunder Mountain as well! ; :mad: ; Maybe the closure won't happen until right after Easter.

9. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

The article said that after you designed your vehicle you would buckle into a sim car. ; Does that mean it will be a simulator ride instead of a ride vehicle like it has now?

10. goofmick

goofmick Member

The disney blog said that it will still be a regular ride, just refurbed.

11. wissa

wissa Member

From what I understand (not a whole lot) it will be the same exact ride (track-wise) but they are changing the theming around you. I'm guessing they will do something super cheap and put a bunch of TV screens inside the ride and make it show whatever "car" you designed while you were waiting in line...?