After midnight at the Contemporary

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Craig, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I got very lucky on this one!
    I set up my shot with this composition that I liked. The mickey wreath is new this year. Then the monorail came through and stopped. So shooting bulb, I took one exposure at about 6 seconds (but f11) so it was a little dark. but then the monorail started moving very slowly, so I quickly held the shutter open until it moved out of the frame.

So, no with two exposures on a tripod, one slightly over, one slightly under exposed, I combined them at home using photomatix blend (not hdr). I also used nIk dfine after!

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

2. gary

gary Member

that is really outstanding, you are second to none when it comes to contemporary shots

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Very very nice Craig!

4. Cool! When I first saw that wreath on the HGTV special I wasnt crazy about it. But now after seeing it in person Im in love with it!

5. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Wow! ; That is just excellent!

6. goofy101

goofy101 Member

nice Craig

7. goofmick

goofmick Member

Wow!! Great job!

8. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shot Craig! ; I think that Disney needs to hire you from now on to shoot the Contemporary. ; Even their guys can't get this stuff.

9. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Craig! ; That wreath is awesome

10. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

thanks everyone!
    I spend a lot of time wandering around parking lots and grounds at that hotel! :p