A few shots from last year

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Jwbaker13, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Jwbaker13

Jwbaker13 Member

Thought I would share a few:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a weird one:
    [​IMG]
    It was closing time and we were going over the big bridge out of the park. ; Either the lighting there was down or my eyes hadn't adjusted; at any rate, it was very dark. ; As we passed over the bridge I caught some movement out of the corner of my eye. ; As my vision adjusted, I could see that there were a bunch of white things in the trees: ; Roosting birds. ; I put the camera on the bridge and took a couple of long exposures. ; I had no idea there were so many of them there until I checked the image later. ; While I'm not completely happy with the HDR, the standard image was really boring.

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

There are a ton of birds that roost there at night. ; Nice shots.

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Awesome processing, care to share your workflow for them?

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

fantastic colors on the duck shot (#2).

5. MJHurley

MJHurley Member

Beautiful series of shots. I really like the detail on the teal. It looks like a painting.

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very nice work! ; I really like the third one, the temple, best!

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I like the 1st and 3rd - nice detail shots and the first an unusual study of the architecture that I never really thought of, since I'm always paying more attention to the tigers!

It is amazing how many birds roost there, isn't it?! ; Florida is like that - my local wetlands areas where I go birding have at least that many birds every night.

8. Jwbaker13

Jwbaker13 Member

Sure.
    If I'm going to play with HDR, I normally start with 3 bracketed raw images. ; But, if I'm shooting stuff that moves (like the duck) I'll go with a single image. ; I just realized that the temple shots were done in '09 before I really started doing HDR, so I only had a single image available.

Anyway, here's one of the originals:
    [​IMG]

I'll took that into Photomatix Pro and processed it there to my liking. ; This is where I got the saturated colors I wanted. ;
    [​IMG]

Once I was happy with the image, I opened it in Photoshop. I didn't like the look of the sky, so I brought in the original image and used a Layer Mask to bring the original sky back. ; Then I flattened the image and used the Viveza 2 tools to finish tweaking colors (including the sky), sharpening, exposure, etc.
    [​IMG]

9. Jwbaker13

Jwbaker13 Member

Heh... I really wanted a tiger in that shot but they just weren't cooperating. ; I think this is the only image of I tiger I got that was decent:
    [​IMG]