A Beautifully Fantastic Empty Building...

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by Tim, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

This former home of the Skyway Fantasyland Station screams for a restaurant or something, doesn't it?
    BTW, I really LOVE this shot.

ISO 50, 30 sec., f/11

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

That is absolutely beautiful. Nice to have a tripod, isn't it

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Yes it does. Gorgeous. I'll have to try that myself in a few months.

4. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

That's a great shot! Where is that?

5. Tim

right next to the small world stroller parking.

6. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Thank's, I had heard about it but didn't know where it was.

7. Roger

17-40 @ 17?

8. Tim

24-105 at 24 with a little correction in photoshop (distortion, perspective, etc).

9. Roger

24 / 1.3 = 18.46

hmmm

10. Dan

Dan Member

I'm increasingly of the belief that all things come to those who wait.. Today I was just wondering what the crop factor on the Mark III was.. (yes, I know there are two Mark IIIs now, but you know what I mean) I could have asked.. I could have gone to the Canon website.. instead here it is. I just love the timing.

Anyway, I love that building too. I see the area of the walkway near it being used for Christmas pictures during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and all I can think is that I'm glad to see it being used for SOMETHING. And really all the building was was a backdrop for that occasion. It was a very nice backdrop, though.

This is a good angle, too. If you'd have shown this to me outside of the TMIP borders I wouldn't think it was Disney World.

11. Roger

Well the other crop factor is about the same as the 5D, which is 1.009 (didn't know it wasn't 100% full frame? Don't worry, even the D3 is 1.004)

12. biblioadonis

biblioadonis Member

Great colors and a great feel to the shot. I may not know ISO, but I do know what I like!

It is a very romantic, non-Disney feeling picture. I would have guessed that it was from World Showcase at first!

13. goofy101

goofy101 Member

How do you get the floodlights to shine like that?

14. Tim

the star burst effect is from the aperture blades inside of the camera lens. better lenses tend to have more blades, which make a more circular opening...
    as you can see in the star burst effect, the opening formed by the aperture blades is not perfectly round, but a "cornered circle" of sorts...
    one can also purchase a star burst filter to put over the front of the lens, or create the effect in photoshop, but i find neither to be particularly necessary or desirable.

the below image illustrates the effect, and is originally posted at: http://www.great-landscape-photography.com/aperture.html

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

15. goofy101

goofy101 Member

Thanks for the info Tim

16. handicap18

handicap18 Member

Am I missing something,,,, :-\ crop factors on dSLR's are multiplied not divied by. So if its a 1.3 crop then its 24 x 1.3 = 31.2 field of view.

17. Tim

yes that is correct, kyle. crop factor "increases" focal length, or at least in an equivalent sense but "cropping out" the center of the image, making look like it is more "zoomed in", even if it's not in reality.

18. Roger

Yes, but Tim's crop factor is negligible, so I was trying to figure out an equiv FOV for me. If he was using the 17-40, I probably would have been out of luck. Unless I wait for the new Tokina, which probably wouldn't cover the whole image sensor anyway.

19. Roger

I'm reading that there is a rumor to put something in this building in the near future, something to coincide with a direct to DVD release sometime in 2008/2009.

20. Dan

Dan Member

Tell me it's not going to be a themed gift shop!