300mm AK cast member portraits

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by zackiedawg, Mar 7, 2011.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Something I don't often do with a 300mm lens on a crop body, but i couldn't resist when I was watching the African drummers/dancers in front of Tusker House - the light was good, and the colors of their outfits and expressions on the faces were such fun:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DeVine was also hovering nearby, but in the shadows - a little high ISO needed, but kept the 300mm on for some closeups:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Devine has purple eyes...haven't noticed that before. ; That's how you fill the frame.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Really great shots Justin! ; Really love the second one of Devine, those purple eyes!!

4. zackiedawg

OK, so there MIGHT have been a wee bit of manipulation there. ; It just felt like the purple eyes would pop a bit...so I made them purple. ; I think DeVine should do purple eyes though!

Thanks guys.

5. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

beautiful shots Justin!!

6. goofmick

goofmick Member

Justin, those are some great shots, very nice.

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

strong, brother.

8. dishippy

dishippy Member

I really enjoy the AK cast members and you've captured their portraits quite well.

9. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I think so, too. ; You should send that pic to her (them).

10. zackiedawg

Thank you all - much appreciated. ; Scott - it would be cool, wouldn't it? ; I wonder if there's a way to send something like that to the CM - but I wouldn't even know how to start. ; Maybe just to some representative at AK - the CMs who do that character might think some colored contacts would be a very cool touch!

11. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

12. HW

HW Member

Justin you really have me lusting for that 300 f4 now. ; nice shots

13. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Great work Justin. Love em.

14. zackiedawg

Thank you Cooleo!

15. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Nice series Justin.

16. zackiedawg

Thanks Rog. ; I'd like to do more - I never really paid attention to portrait photography closeup, but I've enjoyed the few times I thought to try it.