2012 Missouri Valley Conference Championship

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by RedOctober25, Mar 8, 2012.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

This past weekend I was able to make my way to St. Louis to watch the Missouri Valley Conference Tournament. ; The local University (Illinois State) shocked the Conference by knocking off the #1 seeded Wichita State Shockers (#14/15 in the country) and advancing to the Championship game where they almost beat the #2 seeded Creighton Blue Jays (#22/24 in the country). ; Despite being picked as the #9 team in a preseason poll, they worked hard and became the #4 seed in the tournament. ; It's been a couple of years since I have been to a college basketball game and I forgot how electric they can be. ; It was an amazing weekend and here are a few of my favorite photos...

The National Anthem...
    [​IMG]

Box out the Rebound
    [​IMG]

It's GOOD!!!
    [​IMG]

Ekey for Three (yes, that's the player's last name)
    [​IMG]

They almost pulled it off...
    [​IMG]

2. Very nice! I was super proud of my redbirds! Im an alum and it was SUPER FUN to see them on National television.

Good work! Reggie looks good!

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very cool shots, I have not seen college basketball since, well, college. ; Thanks for sharing!

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I have only photographed Big East games which come close but, I am sure, not up to the level of excitement and drama of a conference championship game. ; These are great!

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Thanks everyone. ; ISU being the underdog made for a great game.

6. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Nice shots! ; I got to work a Wizards game a couple of weeks ago and came to appreciate how hard it is to get good action shots at a basketball game. ; So, ; great job Red!!

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Burst mode really helps a lot. ; Overall I had about 500 shots total. ; Dropped to around 250 when I deleted blurred and true duplicates. ; Narrowed it down to around 125 shots that I wanted to keep. ; Then narrowed it down to about 20 that were good enough to enlarge and print (if desired).

Sent from my iPhone...